I posted a long time ago saying that I would get into this and start a journal blah blah blah...well as you can see that didn't happen. I was laying im bed last night and decided that I wanted to do this and print everything out so that I could really remember our life and marriage. I thought it would be cool for our kids to go into the "blogging book" and see what mommy and daddy did before they came. So here goes....
OCTOBER 20, 2007 is when it all began. To sum up that day: full of happiness, love, sickness and SNOW! The only day that it snowed until Thanksgiving just happened to be our wedding day. It was so cold and wet, and to top it off Peter had gotten Mono a couple of weeks before hand and the sickness was at its peak that weekend. His throat was covered in white infection, he couldn's swallow, throwing up, fever and just wanted to sleep. We got through the sealing without him falling asleep, the funny thing...he was so out of it (took lots of meds) that he put my ring on the wrong hand and we didn't realize it until we left the sealing room. We got done with the sealing and were preparing to go outside when the temple worker was escorting us out and she wanted us to have the perfect exit...which took forever because we had families on both sides of the temple and the doors kept on opening...but it happened and we took pictures with two umbrella's, the photographer, my dad (holding an umbrella) and my sister, oh and plus Peter and I. It was certainly an adventure and I was wearing sandals so my feet were freezing! Here are some of the pictures:
Those are some of the pictures we took and also a picture of our cake from the UT Reception. We got to the luncheon and there was another one going on, so we were just chillin and then I hear them talking and they are saying that my luncheon was scheduled an hour later than what we had printed on the invitation. WHAT?!... So my grandma goes and talks to them, and works it all out, it was their mistake, luckily, and we weren't too far behind. It was so great to see lots of friends and family! Pete and I left from there to head to Park City for our "honeymoon." Well I don't have any picture of that because he was sick the WHOLE time and we stayed at the hotel and watched TV and Pete slept. My TV show choice was the re-runs' of Law and Order, while he slept or at least tried because his throat hurt so bad. Well...that wasn't the only adventure. He got so sick that we decided to try and find a clinic there late Sunday night and so I was calling around trying to find out where to go, we got there and he had a tempurature of 104 degree's and so they decided to give him some lortab to help knock him out so he could get a good night's sleep. I call that the miracle juice because he finally slept that night, and woke up with half of his throat healed!!! YES, but unfortunately we had to go home, back to school and work. So word to the wise...if you or someone you know has Mono, get something that can help them sleep because that is the only way they will heal, too bad I didn't know that secret before we got married. Even after all of that, I wouldn't have changed our wedding or honeymoon for anything! I love him so much and was grateful to show my love for him in taking care of him! So that is our wedding in a nutshell, we are grateful for family flying out and for all the help with the wedding. Oh, funny thing, he finally healed and then two weeks later, I got it along with Bronchitis! We had a fun first couple of months!





No comments:
Post a Comment