This past week my brother got his mission call!!! He is going to Tucson, Arizona, leaving May 18th! We are all so excited for him, and it's bringing back A LOT of memories.
In 2005, I think February, Peter was expecting his mission call! The call came when I was driving to work, luckily I was doing early out for my senior year to work. Pete called me on his lunch break (he was working at a bank) and told me that he was going home to open it. Man, that came with a whole bunch of mixed emotions. I was excited for him, because it was something that he had wanted to do forever and we always talked about it. I was anxious...where was he going to go...how soon was he going to leave. All of these thoughts were running through my head as my heart was pounding out of my chest in anticipation. I was also sad, because he is my best friend and we loved spending time together and I knew that meant it was soon coming to a close.
So...he opened it while I was driving to work (I"m on the phone with him in the picture!) and he was going to Sacramento, California (phew...staying in the country :) ) and he was leaving April 20th. I remember that part vividly because my first thought was...he is going to miss my birthday (April 22nd) and my second thought was...oh my gosh...that is just weeks away!!! We had to cram all of this time in together because the day was fast approaching. We spent a lot of our time shopping and preparing him for his mission. It was a lot of fun. I even got to go with him when he got set apart (his family was already in Utah waiting for him to come out). What a whirlwind of emotions and what an amazing experience to share with someone. At the time I had NO idea that we would get married. So..it is kind of cool to be able to have those memories with someone and look back on the experience.
When my brother opened up his call, all of those emotions that I felt when Pete got his call suddenly came rushing back and the same thoughts of...oh my gosh he is leaving in less than 2 MONTHS! I can't believe my baby brother is going on a mission! I am so proud of him and am so excited. The people in Tucson, Arizona will truly be blessed to be able to get to know him and learn the gospel from him!
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
5 days ago


4 comments:
I didn't know you guys knew each other before Pete went on his mission. That's SO cool! I assume you wrote him the whole time he was gone. How long was it after he came home that you guys got married?
I didn't know that either, it so fun to hear those stories of people who wait for each other :) Well congrats to your brother and way to go on making the decision to serve the Lord!
It is so awesome to look back on missions but it was soooo hard being apart wasn't it?? I wouldn't have had it any other way thought. Mort the Mormon is going to knock their socks off in Arizona with his testimony!
we got married 3 months after I got back.
Post a Comment