Monday, February 14, 2011

Culvers...

Remember this post (here)...?

Well it has happened...they have come to UTAH!! They just opened up today!!

Culver's history..

My first Culver's experience was when I was about 10 years old.  My parents found this fabulous ice cream place (my dad loves ice cream) and they wanted to take us all there to experience it!  We were all hooked at that point.

A couple of years later, my parents were looking at property (where my house is now) and on the main road in this little town of Mukwonago (3,000 population at the time) there was a Culver's.  It was a done deal!  We had to move there. 

So we built our house and every time we went there to check on things we HAD to stop there and get their yummy food!  We never got tired of it! 

Once we lived out there, Culver's was the place to go.  That particular one we would go to actually got struck my lightening TWICE, but it still stands and I love to visit there when I go home. 

Now...enters Peter into my life.  He worked really close to where I worked in High School.  I would get out for early release to go into work and he would have a lunch break so naturally we had to meet of for lunch at least a couple times a week.  Culver's seemed to be our spot.  We had many a conversations and many dates there.  It was our spot. 

So now today...we would go home to visit our families but also to taste this yummy food!  No more!  We can drive 45 minutes and have our date spot just the good ole' days and eat the good food too!  We went today, on Valentines day, what a great day!

So...if you happen to be driven by this beautiful sign...no matter where you are...please stop and get something to eat.  You WILL NOT regret it!

PS - It is in Midvale.  Visit http://www.culvers.com/ for more information and their flavors of the day.  You will want to go when they have a flavor of the day you like.  My personal favorites (in case your wondering):
Cookie Dough Craving, Mint Oreo, Chocolate Oreo Volcano, Brownie Thunder, just to name a few!

1 comment:

Malissa said...

Oh no way! I can't wait to try them out!