Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mort the Mormon

My brother is so awesome, so I wanted to take the opportunity to brag about him a little bit.  Almost 2 years ago, a guy came to my steak back in Mukwonago, Wisconsin, from the LDS Church magazine, The New Era.  He was doing a piece about youth living their standards in the mission field.  One of the days he was there he went to my house and talked with my brother for three hours or so.  Took some pictures, wrote some things down and went back to Utah.  6 months later my dad was at a youth meeting and a girl told my dad that she saw Ryan in The New Era.  We had totally forgotton about this and so my parents called me since they hadn't gotten there copy yet.  I rushed over to Deseret Book and bought 10 copies and was flippin through the pages to try and find the article, assuming there would be something about the whole stake and then I would have to find a quote that Ryan had said.  Well...I turn the page...and bam! There was a huge picture of my baby brother and a story called "Mort the Mormon"!  I was so touched.  They did an article about an experience he had about a year prior that was tough for him.  It touched me even more because he called me that night...very upset and I was able to put my big sister skills to use and help him.  It was so wonderful that I thought I would share!

I can't figure out how to paste the pictures and everything, but go to this link http://lds.org/churchmagazines/NE_2010_08_04___09248_000_004.pdf and take a moment to read the article. 

1 comment:

The Triplett Family said...

What a fantastic article about your little brother! Your family must be very proud!