Friday, June 11, 2010

Wisconsin....

Peter and I went home this past weekend to see my brother graduate and spend time with both families. We really consider it a blessing that our families live so close to we get to see them both many times when we go home. Before I show all our fun activities and pictures....I want to first share some of the many reasons why I love Wisconsin and hope to move back some day. (these are in no particular order)

#1 Culver's - I love this place! If you ever see this round blue sign, stop and eat there and you won't be disappointed. They have fried cheese curds, the best french fries, butterburgers and best of all - FROZEN CUSTARD! It is a must try and something you should pass by.

#2 - Elegant Farmer - This place actually ended up on that show, Diner, Drive-in's and Dive's because it is that good! Things I love here...they have a popcorn mix of homemade toffee popcorn mixed with cheese popcorn and that just tastes amazing. They have the yummiest cheese curds, homemade strawberry applesauce, breads, chocolate covered potato chips, turnovers, cow pies, apple/cherry/berry etc pies and the list goes on! Just a homestyle place to buy yummy food. I always hit this place when I go home and sometimes I lucky and my mom will send me there stuff.
The famous Smiley Barn! The smily used to belong to a bait shop I think and they got rid of that building and so Elegant Farmer decided to place it on their barn....

#3 - The next couple pictures are scenery pictures....I love the landscape, the clouds, the rolling hills, the green, the trees and also when storms roll in! I love the rain out there, the lightening...its just all so beautiful and wonderful. It would be even better without that dang humidity...kills me everytime!


I love looking at the many farms and how much land there is....there is always something beautiful to look at!

Things not pictured...
#4 - I love living in the missionfield and being able to talk about and share the gospel with many people, most of which have never heard of the gospel.
#5 - The people, they all have crazy accents, which I deny that I EVER had, but they are great people!
#6 - That both our families live there....what more can I say there
#7 - Pictured in a coupe posts back are of Peter's Grandparents cottage and that is just very cool. We drive a couple hours "up-north" as we call it and we can relax on a beach against the water and enjoy the views.
#8 - The lakes there! My dad has a boat and so we get to go boating when we come home and I love looking at the houses on the lake and enjoying the water. Maybe one day we will do something like that....so many different dreams, its hard to choose just one.
#9 - All of Peter and my dating memories are there - going to the park (we hit many different ones), meeting up for lunches at Culvers, going to the malls, mini-golf, hanging in my back yard, swimming, lake front adventures (aka engagement) , fireworks on my parents boat etc...
#10 - The roads....haha....in Utah there are what I deem SUICIDE LANES, and in Wisconsin those rarely exist and they have medians...sounds silly but the roadways are SO different!
Well anyhow, I love it there, and I can't wait to move back someday! If we don't ever live there, we definitely will visit often!

2 comments:

Clint and Sheri said...

It really does look beautiful. Is it usually cloudy like that? Because that is like my ultimate dream of a place to live, somewhere that is always cloudy, but still warm. The blazing sun shining down on us is just too hot for me!

Malissa said...

You guys are livin the life, always gone and always together! We just got back from our summer trip. But that's it for us! :)