Peter and my life have slowed down tremendously in the last few days, it is so wonderful. This past Sunday we both layed on the couch and read books which is something we have NEVER done! Let's take a recap of the Palick's life since California.
We got back and only had 3 weeks left of school with WAY too much to do. I had to write papers, give presentations, take exams, write more papers etc... (side note: I wrote 76+pages in papers and presentation outlines, 8 exams, 4 presentations) boy and I am glad this semester is OVER! Peter had to get his schooling finished with and we just felt so crammed and bogged down.
The last weekend of school we had the opportunity of a LIFE TIME! Elder Oaks was presiding at my stake back at home. My dad just happens to be in the Stake Presidency and so we fly home for a quick (flew out saturday morning, left monday afternoon) trip to go to stake conference. We were able to shake his hand, talk with him a little bit and be filled with the spirit. He had Elder Reall accompany him (he is a new area 70) and he actually stayed at my house! I'm telling you, it was wonderful and definitely a journal moment. Elder Oaks had a talk folder that he would thumb through to find whatever he felt inspired to tell us. I loved it, I loved seeing both families and of course....visiting Culvers (cough cough 3 times) and buying yummy Wisconsin cruellers (donuts), cheese curds and cheesy/toffee popcorn. I love home!
So we got home on Monday and had 3 days to finish up our semester and truly without the Lord's help and blessings we couldn't have done it. But we did and I got all A's and Peter got 2 A's and a B+! :) We are so happy.
Graduation was on Friday and I got another amazing experience. Working at Weber, I participate in helping with graduation...and who happen to be speaking??? President Thomas S. Monson! I work the tunnels below graduation in the Presidents Party and so I got to meet and shake President Eyring's hand, bumped into President Uchtdorf and was about 5 feet away from Monson! It was so dang cool. All my life I have wanted to be an apostle and within 2 weeks I have met 5!!!! Something I will always remember...
So now school is over, we get a week break and then it is back to school for the both of us. I am doing one class (my practicum/internship) and Peter is taking a whopping 5 classes....bless him and his dedication. We were also blessed again because the School of Business awarded Peter $2100 for a scholarship next year so we won't have to pay tuition!
Peter and I are truly blessed! It is amazing the things that will happen if you just dedicate your life to the Lord and put everything into His hands. He will make it happen if you just let Him!
Off to go and do Yoga with the Young Women tonight..
Oh and somewhere in there was my birthday! I got a toaster oven and a new camera...so you will be seeing more pictures on the next post.
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
5 days ago

2 comments:
Slowing down sounds great!!! Enjoy those quiet times at home with nothing to do! Cuz one day there will be several screaming children running around your house!!! Ha, ha!!! I laugh cuz I never get to relax!!! :) I haven't updated my blog because I am working on a "secret blog"! Really it's just a backup of all my scrapbooks. Once it's done I'll let you see it!
Wow that is alot going on! And so awesome all the great company you have had lately!
Post a Comment