My patience is being tested in the WORST way right now, and I just pray daily that I can endure! I feel like every aspect of my life requires a huge amount of patience right now and I really feel like I am running out. I'm going a little crazy.
Now about stress...how do you manage your stress? I am not very good at it, and so I feel like I am being tested to see how well I will learn how to manage it. I need help...obviously! So, please give me ideas....
On a lighter note, I have this story that keeps coming to mind and so I thought I would share it so I can keep it in my memory. When Peter and I were in highschool, we lived about 30 mins away from each other. We would talk pretty much every night before I go to bed, and some nights (like 10pm) he would say look out your window, and I would see this car pulling away really fast. I would then wander out to my mailbox and there would be some type of goodie that would be in there (brownies, cookies, etc...) along with a nice little note from Pete. He would bake them while we were on the phone, drive out to my house and then drive home! Sometimes I can't believe some of the things we would do. Other things he would do: heart attacked my highschool locker, had a friend bring Krispie Kreme donuts to my first class, chalk my driveway late one night, bring stuff to my school and leave it in my locker, leave stuff in/on my car at school or work. There have been many things that he would do for me...trying to get my attention ;)
Apparently it worked...but it did take a LONG time!
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
5 days ago

3 comments:
Oh my gosh that is so cute. I am going to go home tonight and get out the chalk and chalk our driveway for Ryan! haha We haven't seen each other this week except for 5 minutes in the morning when he comes home from work and I leave :( Thanks for the cute idea...stress: Diane saved me as I was on the medicine and the treatments to help me get pregnant. I also make lists of the little things I can do and just break down the big things so it seems manageable. Patience...pray, pray, and pray some more for help.
Wow, what a sweet heart, I love all those little things he did for you, so cute! About the stress, for me considering most of my stress comes from the children, if I have had a really bad day I make sure that when they are in bed I have just ME time and do something either that I want to do or just be lazy and watch a movie, normally when they are asleep that is when I get the house cleaned and my to-do list done, so that is how I de-stress it's not much and it might not work for you in the same way since you have different things that are stressful but give it a try :)
Awww! Pete is SO cute! I'm glad you wrote that down, that's something you definitely don't want to forget. Hang in there, stress sucks. Patience sucks even more. I've always handled stress well but after I had my first baby, it was a different story. My hormones were all over and I had to be put on medication. Now back to normal. I like having me time and going on walks/bike rides to clear my head. Hang in there. We sure think you're pretty awesome! And are VERY thankful having you and Pete as friends!
Post a Comment