In May, while in Hawaii with Peter's family we found out that his aunt is friends with a partner at a company called Deloitte in Milwaukee. This is a worldwide company and one that Pete has wanted to work since he started going to school. His aunt helped him set up a meeting with this guy when we went home in June and the ball just started rolling. Long story short, he then got a phone interview and they decided to bring him in for a face-to-face interview in July.
He will start the internship in January and it will go for 3 months. Starting in May of next year he will begin his Master's Degree Program at UWM and then hopefully start on with Deloitte full-time the following January.
Lots and lots of changes, challenges, excitement and sadness. We are going to be leaving to drive out there sometime in the middle of December!
We are going to be putting our condo up for sale, so if you know of anyone looking for a condo to buy in Ogden, please send them our way!
I just have to finish by saying how proud I am of Pete and this accomplishment. This is one of the #1 companies in the world and he got an internship there. It is quite the accomplishment and all of the rough semesters of working full-time, going to school during the day and at night, doing Beta Alpha Psi, doing taxes, church callings, late nights doing homework, Thanksgiving dinners for hundreds, going to meetings (and many many more things) has finally paid off!!! I love him so much and am proud to call him mine! We are definitely excited for this new adventure!
Hopefully this will inspire me to blog more, so we can keep everyone in Utah updated on what life in the Midwest is like!


4 comments:
That's exactly why I started my blog as well so I hope you do blog more. :) I'm very excited for you, it will be so nice living closer to your families!
Tinuh! I am so sad you are leaving and we didn't get to hang out very much. Let's plan something before you leave. please please please!
OH MY! You're moving away just as I am moving back to my motherland!! While I am super excited for Pete and his great opportunities.. you will be missed! Love you! hopefully though I get to see you before you go!
Congrats on the internship! Very exciting. I hope all goes will with your move.
Post a Comment