That is what my family has been doing and is continually doing, we are making lemonade, and might I say...tons of it!
We got back from Wisconsin, and it has been so busy. We have done a few house things, such as put cabinet door knobs on because I do not appreciate breaking my nails when opening cabinets...haha...we took on the adventure of doing it ourselves, and Peter did a GREAT job...they look fantastic. Working on hanging pictures and rearranging rooms, you know...just to make it "perfect".
In between working on normal house stuff we decided to do something fun. We went shooting with my uncle and catherine.
(had a picture of Pete, but it got deleted!)
We had a lot of fun and are grateful that my uncles entrusts us with his guns to shoot at targets.
Pete had some birthday money saved up and Ryan was out here visiting so he decided that he wanted to rent some jet ski's so that we could go and have fun for a day, ending with Music in the Mountains with Jon Schmidt.
The day was SO cold, but we went anyways. We had Peter, Ryan, Kassidy , Angie, Courtney Melissa and Melissa there with us, and we had a BLAST. The last half of the afternoon the sun came out and so we enjoyed the sun, the water and the SPEED!
Catherine wasn't able to go because two days beforehand she went to the doctor with what seemed to be a hernia in her stomach, and it ended up being a 20 pound tumor that needed to be removed immediately. Check out her blog for her story :) She was in the hospital while we were having fun, but we sure did miss her.
While she was in the hospital the first time (I say first because there have been many occassions since) my dad, Pete and I went to Park City so they could do the ZipLine there (the steepest one down the olympic ski things) and I was going to take pictures. Well they went and then convinced me to go...which I am so glad they did! I had a blast. Here are a few pictures. We also did the slide there, which was alright. The alpine one was better.
My mom flew out for that surgery and the story is pretty much history from there. I would explain it all, but if you really want to know, like I said check her blog out. I'll just hit the hight points.
- she had surgery #1, was healing just fine
- wentt into the doctor, was told she has ovarian cancer (that was encased in tumor)
- not sure if the cancer spread, but since the tumor exploded, they wanted to do exploratory surgery
- Dad flew out for surgery #2, which she was in the hospital for 8 days! She had her ups and downs
- They found NO MORE CANCER! The doctor even says it was truly a miracle!
- Was healing from that surgey o.k.
- Woke up one saturday morning, went to the gym with Pete (which I hate doing early, but decided to anyway). Left the gym, heading home, decided to turn around and check on Catherine
- She was showering, I decided to bother her and let her know I was there. I didn't hear anything so I opened the door, to find her peeking around the corner, white as a ghost and watched her pass out
- We took her to the ER, not expected the long rode ahead
- Went to the ER at 9AM, 12:30 found she had a blood clot in her brain, 1PM went in for an MRI and MRA (Pete and I left at this time to go shower, mind you we looked hidious from the gym) 2pm found out that she would be transfered to IMC hospital in Murray, Utah.
- She got her first ambulance ride, and probably was the only patient ever in the ER to have that many visitors! (we had to sneak a few people in)
- I just have to say that the ER is really really SLOW, but there was this one lady who was so kind. She knew the severity of the situation, and was so great! She helped me get the records over to my mom at the ER in WI and then gave me a huge hug and told me everything would be ok. She was wonderful and not even Catherine's nurse.
- FINALLY at 7pm she rode down with Pete in the ambulance to IMC.
- My dad got the next flight out of Milwaukee to be there with her and stayed for 3 weeks, then Mom and Ryan came out. It was so great to have all of them hear for so long.
- She was in the Neuro-ICU for a couple of days, then moved around. She was there as well for 8 days.
- To sum it up, she has an 8-inch blood clot in her vein or artery, which ever doesn't cause a stroke right away. I was informed by the doctor that had I found her later, she would not have had a stroke, she would have been dead. WOA...hard to handle let me tell you! So she has been doing Chemo (3 treatments which luckily we are now done with) and dealing with the blood clot! YUCK
I'm so grateful that she is O.K. and grateful that I was guided to her apartment, I hate to think of what could have happened. Angels are truly among us!
Moving along, just some other things we have been up too...
I got my hair cute, shortest since the 7th gradeWe went to Homecoming for our Anniversary (2 years!!!)
Then stayed the weekend in Salt Lake, and had a blast!
Late October, we made applesauce with Grandma. Here is Peter picking
the apples off her huge tree!
The applesauce maker, its a dream!
This is only half the jars of our hard labor! It takes so good
that we didn't need to add sugar!
Day after Thanksgiving we went shopping (of course) and then
went to Provo for a Baby Shower, have Catherine take the extended families photos
and while this was happening Peter and Dad went climbing.
Helicopter that was flying around them, later finding out it
was a Police one!
My Hubby!
So here is the BIGGEST news of all. To start, on the day that Peter and I got engaged, my doggie of 13 years passed away. I was sad, so since the day we got married, I have been asking Peter for a puppy! Well 2 years and 1 month later we have our new puppy! When dad came for Catherine's blood clot he told us he was suprising mom with one for Christmas...well that got me going, and I was begging for one! On the day of Thanksgiving Peter said that if I really wanted one, then we really needed to talk because we would have to do Christmas different since this would be my present. We went and looked at one the next day and I FELL IN LOVE. We put money down, since we were going to Provo, and came to pick her up at 7pm that night. We name her Daisy because one of my favorite flower is Gerber Daisies.
This is the first night we had her! That first week she just cuddled and only played a little. Whined ALL night long most nights, poor girl!
She was 2.9 pounds when we got her, all full of love!
Its been 4 weeks now, and she is quite the stinker.
This is her trying to get into the dishwasher.
Looking cute while eating...I know I'm crazy :)
She loves it when Pete covers his head and she has to dig
to try and get to him.
This is how she sleeps, when she sleeps in her bed...
Still looking cute...
Playing with an elf hat...
She is now 3 months old, is potty trained, doesn't whine anymore at night and loves to chew on EVERYTHING! OH - last night I was teaching her how to bark, she never does it, so I wanna teach her to have her let us know when she needs to go outside.
Christmas Eve - had to put all the presents on the table since little Miss Daisy like to rip apart paper...anything paper she LOVES!
Christmas Tree AFTER Daisy was in her kennel.
Rose Garden room at the Anniversary Inn. It was wonderful!
Oh and my mom did get a puppy for Christmas and he is a cutie too!

No comments:
Post a Comment